In line with the Digital India initiative of Government of India, National Handloom Development Corporation Ltd. (NHDC) has decided to implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for its commercial activities for the benefit of handloom weavers. It was recently launched in Varanasi.
1. By making the procurement process transparent, yarn will be available at the best price to the weavers across the country.
2. The weavers will be able to access information anytime through the mobile app.
3. They can view the stock of the material in yarn depots.
4. They can place their indents.
5. They can check the status of their indents.
6. They can get the details of the dispatched material via SMS.
7. The weavers would not have to visit NHDC office or send indent by post, saving time and money.
8. In case of 10% scheme, weavers can view the information about their unused quota at any point of time
9. Mills will also be integrated in the system, in order to ensure that indenting and order confirmationform a part of the online ERP system.
10. Weavers can access the status of the despatched material from the mills such as the name of the transporter, freight, LR No etc.
11. ERP will be available in Hindi and local languages for the benefit of weavers.
12. Calculation of freight and depot subsidy will be done by the system, bringing in transparency and faster claim submission.
Beneficiaries: are those who are the primary beneficiaries of the yarn supply scheme of Government of India.
GOVERNMENT JOB ALERT