China on 29 June 2016 launched its second Shijian-16 series satellite.
• The satellite was carried by a Long March-4B rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China.
• The Shijian-16 satellite will be used for space environment measurements, radiation and its effect as well as technology testing.
• The first Shijian-16 satellite was launched in October 2013.
• This launch was the 231st flight by a Long March rocket.
• It is used for the launch of sun-synchronous orbit meteorological satellites.
• It was first introduced in May 1999 and was developed by the Shanghai Academy of Space Flight Technology (SAST), based on the Chang Zheng-4.
• It is capable to launch a 2800 kg satellite into low Earth orbit, developing 2971 kN at launch.
• The 248470 kg rocket is 45.58 meters long and has a diameter of 3.35 meters.
GOVERNMENT JOB ALERT