The combined graduate level examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission annually for recruitment in various Gazetted and non-Gazetted government posts. It is a very prestigious examination, with over 10 lakhs students appearing annually. With the increasing competition and tier 1 examination round the corner, it is important for the appearing candidates to brush up their basics. This article will provide the candidates appearing this year with QUICK PREPARATION TIPS FOR SSC CGL 2016.
Basic Examination Pattern
This is a three-tier examination and the movement to the subsequent levels is dependent on the performance in the previous level. The following are the salient features of each tier:
- Tier 1: It is a preliminary, objective type examination and consists of four sections, each having 50 questions with a total weightage of 200 marks. The time duration for this examination is 2 hours.
- Tier 2: The mains examination is also an objective type written examination and consists of three sections. Qualitative Aptitude and Statistics contain 100 questions while English Language Comprehension section has 200 questions respectively with a total weightage of 200 marks each.
- Tier 3: Those candidates who clear the minimum cut-offs of both the tiers become eligible for this level which includes Interview/ Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill test/ Document verification.
QUICK PREPARATION TIPS
The SSC CGL tier 1 examination is expected to be held in the month of August, 2016. With little time remaining for the examination, the candidates should follow the following strategies to enhance their chances of selection:
- Time management: Divide your time for attempting each section and start with your strong sections. This will help you save time and attempt more questions.
- Solve previous year’s question papers: Solving previous year’s papers will make you aware of the examination pattern and help in enhancing your accuracy and time management skills.
- Take mock tests: Taking mock tests will help in preparing for the examination and boost your confidence.
- Important topics:
Quantitative Aptitude: Practice questions from Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry thoroughly.
General Intelligence and reasoning: Analogy and classification, blood relations, syllogism, non-verbal reasoning, coding-decoding, direction and series form the most important part of this section.
General Awareness: This is the most scoring section. Most questions in this section are from Static general knowledge.
English comprehension: Some of the important topics are- idioms and phrases, one-word substitution, synonyms and antonyms, sentence errors, sentence completion, sentence rearrangement, jumbled-up sentences and reading comprehension.
Practice as much as possible and do not panic. Last minute stresses often ruin exams. So, simply relax and be confident to clear this examination.
All the best!
Try Mock Test for SSC CGL Tier 1 New Pattern