The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam every year to fill in various posts. All students that have cleared their 10+2 exam are eligible for this SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam. It is a golden opportunity for candidates who are looking forward to working in different Ministries/Departments/Offices of the Government of India. SSC CHSL Exam hires people for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) and Court Clerk for different departments & organizations in the Government of India. As per the recent reports, the SSC CHSL Notification is scheduled to be released on December 3rd, 2019.
As per the SSC CHSL Notification 2019, candidates are selected for CHSL posts based on their performance in three stages: Tier 1 (CBT), Tier 2 (Written Exam), and Tier 3 (Skill Test). The final merit list is prepared based on the result scored in all these three stages. All phases of SSC CHSL Recruitment are qualifying in nature. Hence, candidates must score above the cut off marks in order to get selected for the next stage. In this post, candidates can get complete information about SSC CHSL Recruitment, Notification, exam dates, vacancy details, salary, selection process, how to apply online, and more.
LATEST UPDATES: SSC CHSL Notification 2019-20 is Out! Download Official Notification from Link Below
- Staff Selection Commission has announced the Exam Schedule for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019.
- The last Date to fill the SSC CHSL Application Form 2019 is 10th January & the Tier 1 Exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020.
- Candidates will be able to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment from 3rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020
- The starting SSC CHSL Salary for DEO post is Rs 25,165 to Rs 31,045. The Salary for selected candidates will differ from post to post.
SSC CHSL Notification 2019 PDF Download
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CHSL notification for its next recruitment on 3rd December 2019. Although Recruitment 2019 is still ongoing (Tier 2 Result is pending), interested applicants will be able to apply for the examination till 10th January. There is no limit to apply for the exam. If a candidate was unsuccessful in clearing the 2019 Tier 1 Exam which was conducted earlier this year, they can apply for the upcoming SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019-20 and prepare in advance to clear the SSC 10+2 paper.
Before applying for CHSL posts, candidates are suggested to read the SSC CHSL Notification completely and then apply. The SSC CHSL 2019 Notification is an official document released by the exam conducting authority to invite applications for the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates 2019-20
Following is the SSC CHSL Exam Dates Calendar announced by SSC so far for the next recruitment cycle.
|SSC CHSL Notification Release Date||3rd December 2019|
|Start Date for Application Form||3rd December 2019|
|Last Date to Apply for CHSL Recruitment||10th January 2020|
|Selection Process||3 Stages (Online Test + Descriptive Exam + Skill Test)|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th Pass|
|Age Limit to Apply||18 to 27 years|
|Expected Vacancies for SSC CHSL 2019 Notification||6000+|
|Admit Card for Tier 1 Exam will be released on||7th March 2020|
|Tier 1 Exam for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019||16th to 27th March 2020|
SSC CHSL Exam Dates 2019
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission, Central Higher Secondary Level)|
|Online Application Start Date||5th March 2019|
|Online Application End Date||4th April 2019|
|Selection Process||3 Stages ( Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3)|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Admit Card||Released ( 18th June to 24th June 2019)|
|Tier 1 Exam Date||1st July to 11th July 2019|
|Stage 1 Answer Key was released on||22nd July 2019|
|CHSL Tier 1 Result||12th September|
|Tier 2 Admit Card||18th September|
|Tier 2 Exam Date||29th September 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Result||December 2019 (expected)|
|Vacancy 2019||5789 Vacancies|
SSC CHSL Vacancy 2019
*Vacancies have been announced in the following posts:-
- Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks.
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants.
- Data Entry Operators.
The following table shows the Post vice breakup of the 5789 SSC CHSL Vacancies 2019-
|Post||CHSL Vacancies 2019|
|LDC/ JSA||1855 Vacancies|
|PA/ SA||3880 Vacancies|
What are the Expected Vacancies for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019?
Staff Selection Commission is expected to announce 6000+ vacancies with the SSC CHSL Notification 2019.
SSC had announced a total of 5789 vacancies for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019. Just 3271 vacancies were announced for 2017-18 Recruitment. Judging from the vacancy trend over the years, the number of openings has been steadily increasing. It is speculated that more than 6000 vacancies will be announced for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019-20.
SSC CHSL Salary 2019
The following table will show you the SSC CHSL Salary and PayScale. With the introduction of the 7th Pay Commission, the salary scale for employees has gone up.
|Post||In-Hand Salary (In Rs)|
|LDC (Lower Division Clerk)/JSA||18,777-22,411|
|DEO (Data Entry Operator)||25,165-31,045|
|Post||Old Pay Scale||New Pay Scale|
|LDC/JSA||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 1900||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20|
|PA/ SA||Band 1-Grade Pay-₹ 2400||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20|
|DEO||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 2400||Band 1-Grade Pay- ₹ 5-20|
*The Salary Package has gone up drastically because of the 7 pay commission. Check how the SSC CHSL Salaryhas increased over the years & Important Components of the CHSL Salary.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2019-2020
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The Age Limit to apply to the exam is between 18 to 27 years.
Educational Qualification To Apply for the exam
Once the SSC CHSL 2019 Notification is out, interested applicants will be able to fill the online application form. Following is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for the exam
- The candidates must be 12th standard pass from a recognized government university.
- For the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator), the candidates should be 12th standard pass in science stream with Maths as a subject from a recognized government university.
SSC CHSL Application Form 2019
The Staff Service Commission CHSL Application Form will be available online from 3rd December 2019 to 10th January 2020. The Direct Link to Apply online will be updated once the form is active on the official website of SSC.
Follow these Steps to Apply for the Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam-
Step 1: Visit the Official SSC website or click on our updated direct form link to be directed to the SSC CHSL Registration page.
Step 2: Enter your credentials including your Full Name, Date Of Birth, functional mobile number and email id.
Step 3: Once Your Registration is complete, you will receive login credentials for your account on your mobile phone.
Step 4: Once you have successfully registered on the website. Click on the link "SSC CHSL 2019-20 Application Form"
Step 5: Fill the form with requested details & upload your documents to complete the application process.
Step 6: The last step of the application process is Fee payment. Pay the application fee via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking and take 2 to 3 print outs for future reference.
What is the Application Fee?
- The application fee is Rs 100 for candidates that are interested in applying for the SSC CHSL Recruitment.
- The application fee is exempt and no amount has to be paid for all aspirants who belong to the following category- Female, SC/ST, Physically Handicapped, Ex-Servicemen candidates.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Candidates who clear all 3 Tiers of the examination are selected on the basis of their merit. The candidate's personal preference is also taken into account with merit while allocating positions in departments.
SSC CHSL Recruitment is done for the post of Lower Divisional Clerks & Court Clerks, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants and Data Entry Operators.
In order to be selected, the candidates have to clear all 3 Tiers ( Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3). Final documentation is done after all 3 tiers are cleared. Anybody who doesn't clear the documentation process is dropped from the selection process.
How are Ties Resolved in SSC CHSL?
- Tier 1 + Tier 2 marks are calculated.
- The candidate score in Tier 2 is calculated.
- The candidate's score in Stage 3 is calculated. If both candidates have the same score then the Date of birth of both students will be observed and the older candidate will be given preference.
- If the date of birth of both candidates is also similar then the alphabetical order of the candidate's name will be considered.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019
Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in 3 stages ( Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3)
- Tier 1 is an Objective/MCQ type paper and is conducted Online ( Computer Based)
- Tier 2:- Descriptive Subjective type paper. Conducted Offline.
- Tier 3 is a Computer Proficiency/Skill Test.
If you are familiar with the exam pattern, it is important that you go through the New Changes that have been introduced in the paper for 2019-
- The time limit for Tier 1 has been reduced from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
- There is no sectional cut off
Go through the complete CHSL Exam Pattern to understand the exam structure and the time allotted in Tier 3.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019-20
As the SSC CHSL Notification 2019 is about to be released and the Stage 1 Exam is to be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020, interested applicants should start their preparation in advance to crack the exam in one go.
The SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier 1 will test candidates in 4 sections- General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language & General Awareness.
Following are some important topics in the Tier 1 exam-
Important Topics in General Awareness
|Awards & Honors||Current Affairs (Domestic)||Politics|
|Geography||Current Affairs (International)||History|
Important Topics for English Section
Go through the following important topics in the English Language Section:-
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the Blanks
- Error Spotting
Quantitative Aptitude Important Topics
The Mathematics section can be a bit challenging. As the SSC CHSL Recruitment Exam will commence in March 2020. Preparing aspirants can go through the following important topics in the exam-
|Simplification||Data Interpretation||Number Series|
|Work & Time||Time & Distance||Mixtures & Allegations|
General Intelligence Important Topics
The Logical Reasoning Section can be very scoring in the exam. Practice the following recurring topics thoroughly to score high in the general intelligence section:-
- Alphanumeric Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
Tier 2 Syllabus
The Second Tier is conducted Offline and candidates will be tested on their writing skills. This is the exam pattern followed for the Tier 2 Descriptive test-
|Topics||Word count||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay writing||200-250||100||60 minutes|
The Common Topics that are asked in the Tier 2 Examination are as follows-
- Social Issues like Poverty, Education
- Politics, Schemes & Governance Indo-Pak Relations, Indo-China Dispute, Elections, Demonetization,
- Finance & Economy: Important Events in the Indian and global economy,
- Environmental Concerns: Pollution, Overpopulation, Ecology
- Sports: Recent victories, tournaments, matches, Wins, retirements
- Geopolitics: Chinese aggression in the Indian Ocean, Syrian Refugee Crisis,
- Technology: Digital payments, E-Wallets and UPI, Social Networks etc
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2019
The Tier 1 Exam is just about to commence. The preparation tips will help in guiding you and will get you ready for any hurdle that you might face. Keep these important tips in mind-
- Solve Free SSC CHSL Mock Tests and previous year question papers every day.
- The high scoring topics in the Reasoning section are- puzzles, figure-based questions, analogy, coding-decoding, series. Make sure to get a good understanding of these topics so you can attempt most questions asked from them.
- Go through the SSC CHSL Previous Year question papers to know frequently asked questions in the exam.
- While preparing for the GK section, make sure you give time to both Static G.K and current affairs.
- It is important to know about awards, head of states, neighboring countries, books & authors.
- Keeping tabs of popular news and current affairs will help a lot.
- Allot at least 2 hours to practice Quantitative Aptitude. It is considered to be the most challenging section of the paper.
- Go through all important Formulas every day so you can memorize it by heart.
- Topics like Simplification, age problems, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion are high scoring in this section. Make sure to master these topics.
- Reading the newspaper regularly will help your General Awareness, Grammar & Vocabulary.
- For the English Section, practice Synonyms, antonyms & vocabulary words and you can easily conquer this section.
Read more SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and crack the exam in one go!
Preparation Books for the CHSL Exam
- For the convenience of all students planning to appear for this examination, we have assembled a list of best books that you can refer to.
- The list of preparation books mentioned below covers all sections of the SSC CHSL Syllabus.
- We have segregated our suggested books according to subjects. Candidates are free to choose from the variety of mentioned books to help in preparation.
Best SSC CHSL General Intelligence Preparation Books
The table below has some of the SSC CHSL General Intelligence Books that candidates can get their hands on.
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English)||BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal|
Best SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Books
For Quant/Math section we suggest the following books to study from
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal|
|Quicker Mathematics||M. Tyra|
|Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Kiran Prakashan|
Best Preparation Books For SSC CHSL English Section
Our pick for the SSC CHSL English section
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Tata McGraw Hill|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|Quick Learning Objective General English||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal|
SSC CHSL General Awareness Best Preparation Books
The candidates can consider the following preparation books for SSC CHSL General Awareness:
|Manorama Yearbook 2019 (English and Hindi)||Malayalam Manorama|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge (English and Hindi)||Lucent’s|
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019-20
Staff Selection Commission is about to release the SSC CHSL Notification 2019 in December 2019. The Admit Card for the Tier 1 exam will be released by 7th March 2019.
- It is essential for all appearing candidates to bring a printout of their Admit Card to the exam center.
- The Hall Ticket has all the information regarding the candidate's Exam Center, applied post, date and shift timings.
How to download your admit card?
- Direct Link for the admit card of your region will be updated once the call letter is released.
- The Admit Card can also be downloaded through the official site www.ssc.nic.in
- Find and click on the Admit Card Button.
- A new page will open.
- Log in with your Registration number, password and press submit.
- A new page will open displaying the candidate’s Admit Card
- Download the admit card and save it for future use.
- We suggest that candidates take 3-4 print outs of their CHSL Admit card just to be safe.