The much-awaited inauguration of the Kochi Metro will take place on June 17. Prime minister Narendra Modi .The Rs 5,180 crore Metro is set to run 25km from Aluva to Petta, but the opening would see the train from Aluva to Palarivattam.( Phase 1)
Key Highlights of Kochi Metro First Phase :
1) Foundation stone laid in 2012.
2) Construction work started in 2013.
3) Principal advisor Dr. E. Sreedharan.
4) The first phase covers 13 km from Aluva to Palarivattom.
5) There are 11 stations between Aluva and Palarivattom.
6) From station to station, Kochi Metro’s running time will be approximately 2 minutes.
7) The total running time to cover all the 11 stations will be approximately 50 minutes.
8) PM Narendra Modi will be the first passenger of this train.
Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is the fastest metro project in the country.
9) Koch Metro is also the first metro in the country to cover the longest distance of 13 km.
10) The first phase is completed at an estimated cost of Rs5181.79 Cr.
There are 2 lines in Kochi Metro. One line from Aluva to Ernakulam direction and the other line running from Ernakulam to Aluva direction.
Kochi Metro Rail Tickets Pricing :
Fare: The fare of Koch Metro ranges from Rs. 15 to Rs. 30.
Fare Collection: Fares will be collected using automatic fare collection system that comprise both the smart cards and computerized paper tickets.
Capacity: The Kochi Metro Train has a capacity of carrying 975 passengers in total.