The Indian 4x100m women's relay team on 18 May 2016 broke the 18-year-old national record to finish in 4th position at the IAAF World Challenge held in Beijing, China.
• The 4x100m women relay team, included Dutee Chand, Srabani Nanda, HM Jyoti and Merlin Joseph, clocked 44.03 seconds to finish the race.
• The clocked time broke the 18-year-old record of 44.43s created by the quartet of Saraswati Dey, Rachita Mistry, EB Shyla and PT Usha on 22 July 1998 in Fukuoka, Japan.
• The China A and the China B team grabbed the first and third position respectively while Japan finished second.
• The China A team clocked 42.65s for the gold medal.
• Japan finished the race in 43.81s for the silver medal.
• The China B team finished third for the bronze medal by clocking 43.89s.