American multinational retail corporation, Walmart has topped the Fortune 500 list for the 4th consecutive year.
• Rounding out the top 10 in the 62nd annual rankings, based on total revenues for their fiscal years: ExxonMobil, Apple, Berkshire Hathaway, McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health,General Motors, Ford Motor and AT&T.
• Apple, which was the most profitable company on the list, with $53 billion in profits, was among companies making big moves this year, jumping to No. 3 from No. 5 last year.
• Other movers in the top 25 included Amazon.com (No. 18) and Walgreens (No. 19), which moved into the top 20 from No. 29 and No. 35 last year & Microsoft (No. 25) made the top 25 for the first time, up from No. 31 last year.
• Facebook jumped 85 spots to No. 157, while Netflix leaped 95 spots to No. 379 (from No. 474) and Expedia moved 73 to No. 385.
• More than half of Fortune 500 companies saw sales drop, including No. 1 Walmart, which had a sales decline of 0.7% in 2015.
• For the entire list, revenues were down 4.2% from 2015.