The Karnataka Government in May 2016 decided to establish Rice Technology Park at Gangavati.
• Maize Technology Park will also be established at Ranebennur in Haveri district.
• These parks will be established under public private partnership
• The establishment of the Rice Technology Park will help paddy cultivators in the Tungabhadra Command Area in Ballari, Raichur and Koppal districts.
• It will also help the paddy cultivators in the command areas of the Upper Krishna Project in Shahpur and Surpur taluks in Yadgir district and Vijayapura and Bagalkot districts.
• Park will have facilities for rice flour, rice rava, rice bran oil, noodles, rice-based alcohol, animal and poultry feed and paddy hus.
• Maize Technology Park at Ranebennur will have a storage capacity of 32000 tonnes.
• Gangavati is a big commercial city in Raichur District.
• It is also a largest city in terms of area and population
• It is often known as Rice Bowl city of Karnataka.