Snapdeal has established a data sciences centre in San Carlos, California to get top global talent and build high-value solutions.
• The centre will focus on big-data and advanced analytics to add clarity to Snapdeal's consumer-centric initiatives, help shape business strategy and optimise the operational efficiencies using data.
• The centre houses experienced data scientists from leading global brands like Groupon , Google , Yahoo and Amazon and is headed by Nitin Sharma, Senior Vice President, Data Sciences.
• Snapdeal is an online marketplace, based in New Delhi, India.
• The company was started by Kunal Bahl, a Wharton graduate as part of the dual degree M&T Engineering and Business program at Penn, and Rohit Bansal, an alumnus of IIT Delhi in February 2010.
• Snapdeal currently has 275,000 sellers, over 30 million products and a reach of 6,000 towns and cities across the country Investors in the company include SoftBank Corp, Ru-Net Holdings, Tybourne Capital, PremjiInvest, Alibaba, Temasek Holdings, Bessemer Venture Partners, IndoUS Ventures, Kalaari Capital, Saama Capital, Foxconn Technology Group, Blackrock, eBay, Nexus Ventures, Intel Capital, Ontario Teachers'