Piyush Goyal inaugurates third edition of National Public Procurement Conclave
• Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal inaugurated the third edition of National Public Procurement Conclave in New Delhi.
• The two-day conclave has been organized by Government e-Marketplace, GeM in association with Confederation of Indian Industry.
Avantee mega Food Park inaugurated in MP’s Dewas
• In Madhya Pradesh, Union Minister for food processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Avantee mega Food Park in Dewas.
• This first food park of central India is spread over 51 acres and has been constructed at a cost of about 150 crore rupees.
• About 5 thousand local people will get employment from this Mega Food Park.Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Rameshwar Teli was also present on the inaugural ceremony.
RBI to introduce new prepaid payment instrument
• The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will introduce a new type of prepaid payment instrument (PPI) which could be used only for purchase of goods and services up to a limit of Rs 10,000.
• Accordingly, the loading of such PPI will be only through a bank account and it could be used for making only digital payments such as bill payments and merchant payments, among others.
• “Such PPIs can be issued on the basis of essential minimum details sourced from the customer. Instructions in this regard will be issued by December 31, 2019,” the RBI said in a statement on developmental and regulatory policies.
• PPIs are financial instruments that facilitate the purchase of goods and services against the value stored on such instruments.
Mumbai Central Certified India’s first ‘Eat Right Station’ by FSSAI
• The Mumbai Central station of Railways was conferred with the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with four stars rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), as a part of ‘Eat Right India’ movement launched last year.
• According to a press note, the Mumbai Central Railway Station is the country’s first “Eat Right Station.”
• FSSAI, along with Western Railways (WR) and Indian Railways Catering Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), has trained food handlers, both in canteens and base kitchens. They inspected catering establishments at the station and certified and
rated the standard of food.
• As part of efforts to help passengers make a healthy and right food choice, the Indian Railways launched the ‘Eat Right Station’ as part of the ‘Eat Right India’ initiative of the FSSAI started in 2018.
• Eat Right India’ built on two broad pillars — Eat Healthy and Eat Safe — aimed to engage, excite and enable people enhance their health and wellbeing
James Johnson appointed to run Australian football
• James Johnson, former FIFA head of football, has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Football Federation Australia (FFA). Johnson will commence in the role from January next year.
• Johnson arrives in the role with a wealth of experience under his belt having been the Senior Vice President of External Affairs with the City Football Group (CFG) most recently.
• He has previously held positions with FIFA — as head of professional football and senior manager member associations — and the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) as director of international relations and development.
Former TT coach and Dronacharya awardee Bhawani Mukherji passes away
• Former India Table tennis head coach Bhawani Mukherji died at his residence.
• Mukherji, 68, is survived by his wife and a son.
• He was the head coach at NIS Patiala and became the head coach of the national team for a brief period after the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
• He was bestowed with the Dronacharya Award in 2012, thus becoming the first coach to earn the recognition in table tennis.
Priyanka Chopra tops IMDb 2019 list of Indian celebrities
• Actress Priyanka Chopra has been named as the top star of Indian cinema and television series in 2019, in a list released by the global film and TV website IMDb.
• Actress Disha Patani is on second spot, followed by Hrithik Roshan, Kiara Advani, Akshay Kumar,Salman, Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, Rakul Preet Singh and Sobhita Dhulipala.
• IMDb determines the list using data from IMDbPro STARmeter rankings, which are based on the actual page views of the more than 200 million monthly IMDb visitors.