Real Madrid has won the 11th Champions League final, beating Atletico Madrid 5-3 on penalties following a 1-1 draw at the San Siro in Milan.
• Atletico, has now suffered a third loss in a European cup final, the most recent being the defeat to Real Madrid in the 2014 decider.
• Shoot-out winner Ronaldo described Real Madrid's win as unbelievable, ahead of what will be a gruelling European Championships campaign with Portugal.
• The opener came via Sergio Ramos, who famously equalized against Atletico in the dying seconds of the 2014 final.
• Real Madrid commonly known as Real Madrid, or simply as Real, is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain.
• Founded in 1902 as Madrid Football Club, the team has traditionally worn a white home kit since inception.
• The word Real is Spanish for Royal and was bestowed to the club by King Alfonso XIII in 1920 together with the royal crown in the emblem.