Opener Lokesh Rahul created history when he became the first Indian to score a hundred on One-Day International debut.
• Overall, he became the 11th player to achieve the feat on debut.
• Karnataka batsman Rahul took 115 balls to reach the landmark as he steadily carried India beyond the finish line, chasing 169 for a win in the first ODI against Zimbabwe in Harare.
• His knock was studded with seven fours and a mighty six that was also the winning runs for the visiting side.
• India began their chase with two debutant openers in Rahul and Karun Nair.
• The visitors were jolted early as Nair threw away his wicket playing a rash shot in the fifth over.
• Ambati Rayudu joined Rahul and the two slowly but steadily carried forward as the pair put on an unbeaten 162-run partnership to see India home. Rahul remained not out on 100 while Rayudu scored an unbeaten 62.