Alastair Cook achieved a fabulous milestone as he broke Sachin Tendulkar's record and became the youngest to reach 10,000 runs in Tests on the fourth day of the second Test against Sri Lanka in Durham.
• Cook became the first England player to reach the landmark of 10,000 runs and he also became the youngest at 31 years and 158 days to achieve the landmark.
• Tendulkar was 31 years and 326 days old when he reached the landmark against Pakistan at Eden Gardens in 2005.
• The England skipper became the 12th batsman overall to reach the milestone and he achieved it in his 128th Test.
• Alastair Nathan Cook, MBE (born 25 December 1984) is an English cricketer.
• A left-handed opening batsman, he is the captain of the England Test team and former ODI captain, and plays county cricket for Essex.
• Cook played for Essex's Academy and made his debut for the first XI in 2003.
• He played in a variety of England's youth teams from 2000 until his call up to the Test side in 2006.